Jubilee High School believes that working with all its Primary school partners is the key to successful student transition from Year 6 to year 7. We dedicate our time and efforts in many ways to ensure successful transition to Secondary school, which include:
- Our Primary Liaison Coordinator works with more than 15 Primary schools to ensure we support the seamless transition into Secondary school.
- We run Taster and More Able lessons throughout the academic year for many Primary schools.
- We deliver at least 3 major Primary events each year for over 200 children, with parents attending the final presentation events.
- We ensure our own student ambassadors and teaching staff work regularly with Primary children to ensure we fully understand the needs of our new students.
- We run 2 days of transition in July for new students joining us in September
- We visit every new Year 6 student in their Primary school
- We run a Summer School for all interested Year 6 students