Together, we create a culture of wellness where students and staff thrive, with well-being at the heart of everything we do.
At Jubilee High School, our intent is to foster a culture of wellness where students and staff thrive, placing well-being at the heart of everything we do. We believe that a supportive and nurturing environment is essential for personal growth, academic success, and overall happiness. Our goal is to empower individuals to develop resilience, self-awareness, and positive relationships, enabling them to lead fulfilling lives and make valuable contributions to their communities.
To achieve our well-being intent, we are committed to implementing a comprehensive framework that encompasses various aspects of well-being. We will provide a safe and inclusive learning environment where students feel valued, respected, and supported.
There are five key ways in which wellbeing is integrated into our school community curriculum at Jubilee High School:
- Holistic Support: We will offer a range of support services, including counselling, mentoring programs, and well-being workshops, to address the diverse needs of our students. We will promote mental, emotional, and physical health through regular check-ins, awareness campaigns, and access to resources.
- Curriculum Integration: We will integrate well-being principles into our curriculum, ensuring that students have opportunities to develop essential life skills, emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and healthy habits. We will promote positive mental health, resilience, and self-care practices through targeted lessons and activities. We adopt a regular well-being Wednesday drop-down session every half-term with student choice at the centre of each session. Student’s enjoy a variety of well-being activities to promote mindfulness, togetherness and physical activity.
- Staff Development: We will provide professional development opportunities for our staff, equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills to support student well-being effectively. We will foster a collaborative and supportive culture among staff members, encouraging their own self-care and promoting work-life balance. Staff are able to access a wide range of activities to join, resources to develop their knowledge around well-being and benefit from a whole school approach of meaningful conversations.
- Community Engagement: We will actively engage parents, families, and the wider community in promoting well-being. We will establish partnerships with local organisations, invite guest speakers, and organise community events that highlight the importance of well-being and provide resources for all stakeholders.
- Student Leadership: We will develop student leadership through our Well-being Ambassador program to enable student voice surrounding well-being to be at the heart of everything we do. Well-being Ambassadors will play a central part in he development of well-being and work closely with Senior Leadership in the strategic approach to well-being and students across the school.
For information on our most recent wellbeing activities that have been taking place this term please read our most recent wellbeing letter.
Through our commitment to well-being, we envision a significant positive impact on the entire school community. The implementation of our strategies will result in:
- Improved Academic Performance: By fostering a culture of wellness, we believe students will experience improved focus, motivation, and academic outcomes. Students will be equipped with the tools and resilience to overcome challenges, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Enhanced Emotional Wellbeing: Our initiatives will support the emotional well-being of students, fostering a positive and supportive environment. Students will develop self-awareness, emotional regulation, and coping mechanisms, leading to increased happiness, reduced stress levels, and improved mental health.
- Stronger Relationships: By promoting positive relationships, respect, and empathy, our school community will thrive. Students will develop strong connections with peers, teachers, and support staff, creating a sense of belonging, reducing isolation, and enhancing social skills.
- Lifelong Well-being Skills: Our focus on well-being will equip students with lifelong skills and habits that extend beyond their time at school. They will develop the knowledge and tools necessary to lead healthy, balanced lives, maintaining their well-being into adulthood.