The school is divided into a number of houses - Persians, Romans, Macedonians, Spartans and Athenians. Each student is allocated to a house on joining the school and houses may compete with one another at sports and other competitions, thus providing a focus for group loyalty.
- Ancient Iranian Empire
- Army led by Xerxes who defeated all the Greek city states
- Persian fighters were said to be so strong and fearless that armies from all over the world wanted their men to fight for them!
- Conquered Europe and Northern Africa through their powerful army and navy
- Revolutionised the way wars were fought - remained unbeaten for two centuries
- Brought both language (Latin) and religion to Europe
- Responsible for bringing early ideas of civilisation to Europe and Africa.
- Led by Alexander the Great, they conquered Greece and spread their Empire all the way to India through defeating the Persians
- Alexander the Great is famous for never losing a battle.
- One of the most famous civilisations of all
- Known for their fearless armies of well-trained warriors
- Boys were taken from their families at age 7 to train for war, girls took over the farms
- Wore red capes so the enemies couldn’t see if they were bleeding
- If a warrior dropped his shield in battle he was not allowed to return to Sparta.
- Best known for inventing democracy
- Incredibly strong navy. The Trireme is still an engineering marvel
- Famous philosophers and thinkers such as Aristotle, Plato, Socrates and Pericles
- Often considered to be the birthplace of modern thought - an amazingly intelligent civilisation.