‘Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion’ – Martha Graham
Curriculum intent and aims
- Provide students with opportunities to build confidence through performance in a supportive environment.
- Inspire students to engage with dance exploration through the study of professional dance works and the sharing of work from older year groups.
- Provide extra curricular Dance, that is inclusive in giving all students performance opportunities throughout the school year.
- Provide students with the means to be reflective of their work, allowing them to understand how to develop their work with an aim of improving and producing the best work possible.
- Provide students with many opportunities to engage in group activities, building on their ability to communicate effectively to share and discuss ideas/opinions around various dance topics.
- Equip students with skills that will consistently support them both in and out of the dance studio.
Metaconcepts: Expression, Technique, Reflective, Modelling, Movement, Inclusivity, Creativity, Discipline
The curriculum sequence and course specifications can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
GCSE specification link: