The government testing programme is envisaged as follows:
1. The test process is administered on school site by school staff and volunteers.
2. Students self-test three times at school and one home test on their return to school, with 3-5 days in between tests. Students will then self-test at home twice a week until further notice.
3. Staff will self-test at home twice weekly until further notice.
4. From then on, any staff and / or students identified as being a contact of a confirmed case will need to self-isolate following the given guidance.
5. The school Test Centre will remain operational until further notice.
6. Participation in any part of the programme is optional; no student or staff member will be turned away from school because they have not participated.